Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hot - Damn Hot
11 Jan 2010 and first day back at work for DH.  Our hottest day since Black Saturday 7 Feb 2009. The temperature in our outdoor entertainment area peaked at 41.9 C.  (thats 107.4 F in US speak).

So what's a girl and her cat to do.  We put down the shutters, wound up the cooling and spent the day quilting.  Even Indiana did not express any interest in venturing outside.

And tonight? At midnight the outside temperature was still a balmy 33.1 C or 91.6 F.

We were fortunate the cooling system chose yesterday to break down, when the temperature was a mere 38 C  (100 F) and DH was able to climb onto the roof to fix it.  Whatever he did to repair it has survived the test of nature.

2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

I agree that is hot, hot, hot. Too hot. I had not realized it was so hot where you live. I hope this heat doesn't cause more fires in your area. I sure wish we could convince the weather gods to send some East Coast rain & snow to your area and to my area.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogpot.com

Anonymous said...

That is HOT. I use to live in Riverside, CA. and some days it would get to 110. One does not want to do anything, but sit in the pool, or a/c.

Hope it cools off soon for you.

Jilly
Visiting from happy in quilting.